Be prepared for preview days & sales!
Travelling – transportation
- Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM), the local railway network is offering a 25% discount on travels made in and around Malaysia during off-peak days. This is applicable to passengers who produce receipts of a minimum of RM100, in a single receipt spent at participating malls.
- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is throwing in an excess baggage allowance for passengers flying out of Malaysia to these selected destinations Begawan, Jakarta, Surabaya, Manila, Jeddah and Dubai. Under the MH Smart Fare brand, additional 5kgs for the Economy Class while under the MH Flex Fare brand however, an additional 10kgs will be accorded to both Economy and Business classes. Terms and conditions apply.
- AirAsia is abolishing its administration fee through a ‘No Admin Fee’ campaign to present further real savings to its guests, as they now only have to fork out the seat fare and airport tax. It will come into effect for bookings made for all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights from 24th June 2009. In conjunction with this, AirAsia is launching a regional promo-fare campaign with fares being even cheaper than the airport tax! The promo-fare seats are open for booking from 24 June until 28 June 2009 for travel between 1 October 2009 and 30 April 2010. The promotion is offered exclusively online via AirAsia.com
Travelling – packages from neighbouring countries to Malaysia
Mid Valley Mega Mall
Spend a minimum of RM250 in a single receipt at any specialty store to get rewards by dipping for fabulous shopping vouchers, exclusive memo pad or monster key charm. HSBC credit cardholders or MasterCard cardholders need to spend a minimum of RM200 in a single receipt to enjoy the same privileges.
Hobbies / Leisure Week 19/08/09 – 31/08/09
The Gardens Mall’s Gift-With-Purchase redemption offers – spend RM350 & above in a single receipt (RM300 & above for MasterCard cardholders / The Gardens Club members) at any of The Gardens Mall’s specialty stores and receive an exclusive document holder, with five vibrant colours to choose from.
Shop On Us’ daily rewards – Make a purchase at any of our specialty stores (excluding Isetan Of Japan, Robinsons from Singapore, GSC Signature and Red Box) and be among the lucky ones to have your purchase fully paid for by The Gardens Mall.
MasterCard holders get double joy when they spend RM200 and redeem their for a ticket to Sunway Lagoon and be in the running to win weekly cash vouchers worth RM12,500.
Sunway Pyramid’s Bring Your Own Bag (BYOB) campaign – shoppers are encouraged to go green by bringing their own eco-friendly bags. Customers can also purchase a bag at the concierges where proceeds will be channelled to charity.
Parkson’s mega sale contest: Free RM20 Parkson Gift Vouchers with every purchase of RM200 on MasterCard cards and RM2,500 Parkson Gift Vouchers are to be won each week for 8 weeks.
Berjaya Times Square
24 – 26 July 2009: Summer Street Fest where traders will be plying their wares ranging from personal care to IT products.
25 July 2009: Get a free haircut while giving to charity with Berjaya Times Square’s Cut-a-Thon event (Most Haircut in a Day for inclusion in Malaysia Book of Records) and stage performances.
26 July 2009: Fashion Street Party showcasing a series of fashion shows by retail tenants, winner of the Piala Seri Endon for Batik designer and students of the International Fashion Training Centre.
4 July – 31 August 2009: Shopping Carnival Redemption: Get an exclusive toiletry bag with any purchase of RM200 and above in a single receipt.
4th July – 31st August 2009: One Mega Sale Contest – Win TWO sleek and elegant Nissan Sylphy 2.1, worth RM108,000 each and over 150 prizes consisting of home theatre systems, laptops, massagers, handphones, ONECARD gift cards and shopping vouchers totaling a whopping half a million ringgit! To participate, just spend a minimum of RM100 in a single or accumulation of maximum two receipts on the same day from participating 1 Utama outlets and answer three questions by solving a crossword puzzle. ONECARD members will have double chances of winning by receiving two contest forms.
Sungei Wang Plaza
4th July to 31st August 2009: Spend a minimum of RM100 in accumulated receipts on the same day at any outlets of Sungei Wang Plaza (except Parkson and Giant Supermarket) and be entitled to participate in the Shop & Win Lucky Draw offering loads of prizes and 30 Main Prizes including a Nissan Grand Livina 1.6 (AT) as the Grand Prize. Present the receipt at the redemption counter located at the Secondary Entrance of Sungei Wang Plaza and redeem one (1) lucky draw card. Each shopper stands a chance to win a gift or be selected to the Grand Lucky Draw Session scheduled to be held at 11am on 6th September 2009. Each shopper is entitled to a maximum of five (5) cards a day, regardless of the amount spent.
Cheras Leisure Mall
- Win a Toshiba Regza 42” LCD TV
01/07/09 – 31/07/09
Spend a minimum purchase of RM 80 in a single receipt from any participating outlet and you qualify for the Monthly Grand Prize Contest to win a Toshiba Regza 42” LCD TV.
In the newspapers
The Sun e-paper http://184.108.40.206/friday/fri_page34.html
If you are planning to whip out your cards for your purchases during this season, look out for the MMSC 2009 MasterCard Redemption Programme. This official card of the MMSC 09 adds more fun to the sale carnival with instant gift redemptions at selected shopping venues and the MMSC 09 MasterCard Contest that offers prizes amounting to RM100, 000 that is inclusive of 30 weekly prizes of RM250 and 1 weekly prize of RM5000.
Running through the whole period of the sale, cardholders can participate in the contest at the following venues:
* Mid Valley Mega mall
* The Gardens
* Pavilion KL
* Sunway Pyramid
* KLIA & LCCT
* Sunway Carnival Penang
* MAB Airports
* Plaza Johor
* Mahkota Parade Malacca
* Parkson Outlets (35 outlets)
Mid night sale, Mall/brand events